FOUR PASSES CHALLENGE
AT TRAIL'S END MOUNTAIN BIKE HOTEL
How the Four Passes Challenge Works:
- Attempt it on your own or get your ride squad together.
- Book in at Trail’s End Bike Hotel if you want an early start.
- Grab your goodie bag and download the GPX file.
- Write up your start time at Trail’s End.
- Roll out on either the MTB or road 4 Passes Challenge route.
- Race the route, or take it easy and take advantage of our various food and beverage partners on route. You can even bike pack it and stay at our accommodation partners in Stellenbosch if you prefer to do it in two days.
- Complete the route back at Trail’s End and make sure to write up your finish time (fastest times go on the leader board)!
- Grab your free Saggy Stone beer (for first 50 participants only) and unwind.
UP FOR GRABS
Fastest Men’s and Ladies times on the road route each win a free night’s stay for two at Trail’s End Bike Hotel and an Oak Valley wine tasting as well as a bottle of your choice.
For participating you stand a chance to win many lucky draw prizes including:
- 1 x Enduren hamper
- 1 x Squirt Cycling Products hamper
- 1 of 3 x cases of Saggy Stone beer
- 1 of 3 x Killat bags
And by participating and subscribing to the Ciovita Newsletter you can win:
- 1 of 3 x R1000 Ciovita vouchers
Every participant gets a goodie bag with discount vouchers or products from cSixx, Sox, Enduren and Squirt.
- All riders must complete an indemnity form available at Trail’s End before riding, please note you take part entirely at your own risk.
- All riders must start and end at Trail’s End to stand a chance to win a prize. Please note that Trail’s End opens at 8am. If you prefer to start before 8am, please contact us to make a booking for the night before, Trail’s End also serves cold breakfast from 6am if you are staying over which will help fuel you for the ride.
- All riders must write up their start and finish times in the booklet at Trail’s End and be able to provide a Strava or Komoot activity file, if requested (to verify that the fastest times completed the whole route), to stand a chance to win a prize.
- All riders participating in the MTB challenge route must pay for their permits to ride on the Grabouw Forest Trails and the Franschhoek Trails, QR codes will be provided to pay via Snapscan, alternatively you can pay at Trail’s End and at the Franschhoek Tourism Office on route. Note, anyone with a Winelands year permit has access to all trails used and does not need to pay again.
- All participants must please be respectful of the areas they are riding through, no littering, no riding off the designated route unless you are in a public area and obey the rules of the road.
Four Passes Challenge Route Detail:
Both include Viljoen’s Pass, Franschhoek Pass and Helshoogte Pass, the road continues over Sir Lowry’s Pass while the MTB route goes over Gantouw Pass to finish on the A-Z trails.
Trail’s End Four Passes Challenge Details:
The challenge runs from
1 June to 30 September 2022
Challenge rules apply